Tomorrow is the last day of the summer session at Tri-C. It has been a wonderful group of students, and while I am excited for the break, I will miss seeing them. They invested their summer and worked hard with a positive attitude. This is a reminder to me and to all of us. Don’t take a break from learning and growing.
This learning and growing can take the form of learning something new, developing a new habit, taking a class, etc. Or it can look more like taking a step out of the busyness of life to reflect, to see where life is heading and what needs to change, to seek God, his face and his ways. What is important and being missed in the speed of life?
For active learning, one resource we recently discovered is through the Cuyahoga library. They offer free resources, classes and online classes. One that we have been using is Creativebug. (Click here for resources that are free with your library card.)
Other hobbies and skills that have been brewing in our family recently are balloon twisting and playing the recorder.
How about you? What are you learning? How are you growing? Do you need to take some time to step back and look at your life and direction?
Here are some events for this month that may inspire you to continue to learn and grow.
- Classic Car Show – Every Thursday at Grace Church
- Live at the Lake Concert – Every Friday in Berea, Ohio
- Moody Radio Community Calendar for VBS and other events near you.
- Free zoo visit with Asian Lantern display – Every Monday at the Zoo
- Kids ride the RTA free in the summer
- 8/3 Homedepot Kids’ Workshop – Rocket Pencil Box
- 8/3 Jungle Terry’s Traveling Safari (all ages) @11 -11:45 a.m., Brookpark Library
- 8/6 Star-Spangled Spectacular @ 6:30-7:30p.m., at Berea Library
- 8/6 Family Story Time @ 7-7:30 p.m.Brookpark Library
- 8/7 Free Cleveland Orchestra concert @ 9 p.m.; Pre-concert activities and performances will begin at 7:00 pm.
- 8/8 Music Fun for Preschoolers (Ages 4-5) Brookpark Library @ 7:00pm – 7:35pm
- 8/19 Build It! (grades K-3), Middleburg Heights Library, 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- 8/24 Cleveland 40th Kite festival Edgewater Park; @ 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Other events that are not specific to this month
Ongoing Events (Some may have different schedules this month. Call to confirm.)
- Metroparks – this is an amazing season to get out and enjoy beauty from nature (whether on a trail, at a nature center or other event)
- Be a Junior Ranger in the National Park
- Library Events & Storytimes (Cuyahoga Library, Cleveland Library)
Weekly Recurring Events (Some may have different schedules this month. Call to confirm.)
- Cleveland Museum of Art Art Storytime – Sat 11-11:30 a.m.
- Free Citizenship classes @ Grace Church – Sunday, 4:30pm
- Free ESL classes @ Grace Church – Sunday, 6 p.m.
Monthly Recurring Events (Some may have different schedules this month. Call to confirm.)
- Home Depot Children’s Workshop – 1st Saturday
- Volunteers of America thrift store half price day – Last Tuesday
- Monthly Homeschool Events at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History ($$$, RSVP)