Just get outside or look out the window and you will see the yearly celebration of life. Today we planted a new apple tree. All winter we saw the one we plated last year. It looked small and dead, yet we knew it was alive. It was just doing what God made it to do, and now it is alive with green… though flowers and apples require another few years of waiting.
We can enjoy the beauty of a sunny, snowy day because we know, it’s all still alive, it just is taking a break to allow the artistry of winter.
The animals are tucked away… yet there is life.
The birds eggs (and the bugs) have not yet hatched… yet there is life.
Take this month to just celebrate LIFE!
We aren’t listing as many events… they aren’t needed!
The parks are alive, inviting us to come and explore.
The stars are sparkling, inviting us to stay up just a bit later.
Slow down a bit, get your family together, and just enjoy LIFE!
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:13-16
“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun. It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is deprived of its warmth.” Psalm 19:1-6
- 5/4 Home Depot Kids Workshop Blooming Art
- 5/4 Free Comic Book Day (1st Saturday of May) at Berea Library drop in 2-4 p.m.
- 5/12 Monthly Kite Flying day @ Edgewater Park @ 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- 5/15 Cleveland Western Reserve Historical Center homeschool field trip (3rd Wed each month) (RSVP required, $)
- 5/18 & 19 Cleveland Asian Festival
- 5/25 cast iron cooking 2-5pm Cleveland Metroparks Brecksville Reservation (RSVP required, $)
- 5/30-6/1 Teach Them Diligently Conference in Columbus (RSVP required, $)
Other events that are not specific to this month
Ongoing Events (Some may have different schedules this month)
- Metroparks – this is an amazing season to get out and enjoy beauty from nature (whether on a trail, at a nature center or other event)
- Be a Junior Ranger in the National Park
- Library Events & Storytimes (Cuyahoga Library, Cleveland Library)
Weekly Recurring Events (Some may have different schedules this month)
- Cleveland Museum of Art Art Storytime – Sat 11-11:30 a.m.
- Free Citizenship classes @ Grace Church – Sunday, 4:30pm
- Free ESL classes @ Grace Church – Sunday, 6 p.m.
- Art experience (Various Cuyahoga libraries: including Brookpark) – Fridays, 4:00-5:00PM
Monthly Recurring Events (Some may have different schedules this month)
- Home Depot Children’s Workshop – 1st Saturday
- Ladies Latte – 2nd Monday
- Volunteers of America thrift store half price day – Last Tuesday
- Monthly Homeschool Events at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History ($$$, RSVP)